Sunday 30 November 2014

Gin Still Jim

Oh what a holler oh what a strife
They're kicking down my farm door
They're coming for my life
Execute me they would for stillin' shaky gin
But if they knew the half of it they'd make me shaky King

Five thirty AM on a cold December day
In their stupid uniforms the tax men came my way
My dogs were a~howling just like they're supposed to
We're making out the back way straight to Timbucktoo

Ain't no man allowed to make good in his own time
I ain't making shandy beer or drinking pussy wine
Gin in my still Sir and it will give you the most
But when you see those excise men just make like a ghost

Then I thought I'd lead them fools all in a merry dance
So I lit off in a boat that set me down in France
Jumped ship back to England on the returning tide
Them excise men is searching but all on the wrong side

I ain't paying no gin tax to give no government no hand
To fund some war overseas. Who fights. The poor man
Gin for your soul my friend, juniper makes no smoke
See them excise men run around they just don't get the joke

So I skipped it up to Scotland and found a monastry
On a holy Island, man would you believe
Them monks is stillin' something holy Benedictine
And if you come and try some then you'll know what I mean

LORD THE MOON WAS SHINING
BUT NO MOON WAS IN THE SKY
THEM EXCISE MEN IS IN THE MUD ~ GOT LOST IN FRANCE ~ ALL WENT TO HELL
AND WE WAS HIGH AND DRY




No comments: