Tuesday 2 December 2014

You Took What You Wanted From Me


YOU TOOK WHAT YOU WANTED FROM ME
YOU TOOK WHAT YOU WANTED NOW LET ME BE
YOU TOOK WHAT YOU WANTED FROM ME
PLEASE GO NOW AND LET ME BE

It's like I'm stuck in a swirling place
Whisps of sand all round my face
I shout this through the hourglass
Let me get out now, oh let it pass
It's only a measure of our love
That we don't see clearly yet
I know you are aware of how I feel
And that what you give is what you get


It's like I'm balanced on a razor's edge
I can't look down I got to keep my head
Don't want to fall down on either side
'Cos if I slip I'll loose more than my mind
Look into the mirror babe
Look me into my eyes
Look forward to the future now
Look up and out into the skies


Girl you cling so close to me
But you don't love me at all
You took alot I guess I did too
So now's the time for something new
I guess it's like I'm trying to be hard
But I hope you follow what I say
Cruel to be kind my love
We have to go our separate ways




No comments: