Monday 19 January 2015

I'd like to spend some time together (1986}


I'd like to spend some time together
I'd like to spend some time with you
I'd like to spend some time together
Some time with you

Oh yes you're the fabulous toothpick girl
And then I wasn't a man
I'd like you to pick clean my bones
And love me if you can

And if you fancy me a bit
Well that would be so fine
I don't want to get in your way
Or step over no line

Or if you don't want to see me
I guess that's how it is
What is best will be they say
Not knowing confuses

Oh I am the ugly sister's son
And my head doesn't match my feet
I need to know 'cos you see
You make me feel complete

Now I am dying to explain this
Why I have to act this way
It is the way the world has made me
And I'm so dreadfully afraid









No comments: